Join the team! UnHerd is recruiting an Assistant Editor
UnHerd is looking for an Assistant Editor. You will be a key part of our small team, helping run the daily operation. Your primary responsibility will be to commission, edit and publish written work, but you will also be expected to contribute to our audio-visual output, as well as working on the UnHerd newsletter.
Our mission is to focus on the significant events going on in the world rather than breaking news, producing journalism which gives our readers a greater understanding of the trends shaping our lives. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in supporting that mission and will have the opportunity to help guide the future direction of the website.
If you would like to know more about the role, please get in touch with me, email@example.com.
- Edit, proofread and produce copy to the highest editorial standards
- Identify and commission new writers
- Produce the UnHerd mailout
- Generate ideas for written and audio-visual content
- Undertake targeted research in support of the editorial team
- Support the social media strategy, producing content to promote UnHerd’s output
- Write short blogs and longer reads
- Identify ways of improving the user experience
Essential experience and skills:
- Experience of copy editing and online content production
- Experience of commissioning writers
- Proven track record of writing engaging and succinct copy to tight deadlines
- Acute attention to detail
- A creative and inquisitive mind, able to generate ideas for content and writers
- An ability to work under pressure and to multiple deadlines
- Willingness to work flexibly and, occasionally, unsociable hours
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Salary: competitive, depending on experience.
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – deadline for applications is May 4th 2018.