We are looking for a savvy, news-engaged podcast producer to lead in developing a number of brand new podcasts, helping us better understand and engage with our listeners, launch on new platforms and ultimately, drive new listeners to our podcasts.
The successful applicant should be a podcasting all rounder that can take an idea, bid a guest, record faultless in-person and down-the-line interviews, edit, launch, package and market the podcast to maximal effect.
You’d be ably supported in this role by UnHerd’s top calibre editorial and production team and operating from our brand new Westminster HQ, replete with state of the art building wide AV capability and dedicated podcast and film studios.
Responsibilities of the role:
- You will be the go to person and the driving force for all things podcast!
- You will be responsible for fixing contributors and high-profile interviewees, setting up outside broadcasts, and looking ahead to what stories we should be covering in the future.
- We’re hoping to generate a number of news-adjacent podcasts as well as our current roster of longer term, broader interviews so being reactive, quick on your feet and able to turn around content in short order is a must.
- To generate additional clips and social media promotional materials that will drive audience to the podcast.
- Work with the editorial and production teams to ensure effective production, promotion and marketing of podcast content.
- Be experienced on Adobe Audition and comfortable editing audio on a tight deadline and under pressure.
- Having an understanding of what drives podcast subscriptions, and a keen editorial and visual sense of how to package promotions to drive listeners.
SALARY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]